Anti-bullying week will take place this week – October 16th to October 20th.
Our aim is to raise awareness of Cyber Bulling. This is any type of bullying that can take place through digital means. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. We feel it is vital for all students of the college to be aware and act responsibly.
Day 1 ‘Bullying Stories’
1. What feelings do those who have be bullied experience?
2. “It really does scar your life”.
What do you think those scars are?
3. What kind of long-term impact does bullying have?
Day 2 ‘Cyber Bullying – Felix’s Story’
1. “Every day he had something from someone”.
What do you think Felix mother means by this statement?
2. How do you think this would have affected him?
3. What advice does she give to young people using social media on their phones?
Day 3 ‘Don’t be a bystander’ (4 minutes 32 seconds)
1. What do you think of the comments written on the cards held up by the student?
2. Did the choice of song help get the message across in a more powerful way? Why?
3. What do you think the central message of the video clip is?