- All students will be issued with an exam number which denotes the seat that they are assigned to for the duration of the exams. Exam numbers will be posted on the relevant tutor room classroom door.
- The exams are designed to identify the areas that the students are proficient in and the areas that may require improvement. No student should be feeling uncontrollable stress or anxiety. (If at any time prior to or throughout the exams you feel that your son is stressed out, please let us know).
- All students must be on time for their exams. Any student who arrives late to the exam hall will be turned away. Every exam that the students complete is a training session for Junior Cycle and Leaving Cert. Being punctual is a skill that all of students must possess for exams.
- All students need to be in full uniform throughout their exams
- Students must bring with them to the exam hall the stationery that they require for that exam (pens, spare pens, rulers, calculators, log tables etc.)
- While in the exam hall students are either, preparing for an exam, completing an exam or studying for the next exam. Given that each exam is of one hour and ten minutes duration it is not expected that any student will finish the exam early. However, in the event that they do finish early, they may raise their hand and alert the supervising teacher who will then take up their exam. At this point the student can study for their next exam.
- Any students found to be interfering with the smooth running of the exams (talking to another student, distracting another student) will be removed from the exam hall and sent home. Behaviour during the exams is very important so that all students are given the opportunity to study and complete their exams in a relaxed atmosphere.
The above rules and protocols are aligned to those that the boys will have to follow at Junior Cycle and later on Leaving Cert. preparation is key. By the time the boys reach Junior Cycle they will be well used to exam halls and protocols and thus exam stress and anxiety is reduced as the boys are familiar with exam structures and settings.
1st Year Vaccinations
The first year vaccinations were due to take place next Friday (May 25th). The original date given by the HSE for the administration of these vaccines was May 13th (today) however this date changed as quoted on parent e mail dated April 29th. Unfortunately, next Friday’s vaccinations have now been cancelled and we are waiting on a follow up date from the HSE. Once that date is communicated to us we will e mail all of you.
Return of Locker Keys
Locker keys will be returned by students beginning the week of Monday May 23rd to Friday May 27th . Ms. Keehan will meet with each year group at some point that week so that students can return their keys to her. It is important that the boys start taking home some of their book’s bit by bit so as to avoid having to take home a heavy load. Parents are more than welcome to come in after school and help their son’s to remove their books from their lockers (any time after school from Monday May 23rd to Friday May 27th ).
Our TY students have been practicing diligently over the past few months for their performance in their upcoming musical “Can’t Stop the Music”. All 1st years will be attending the musical on Friday May 20th. They will leave the College by bus at 11am and return at approximately 3pm at which time the boys will be free to go home.
St. Munchin’s College Golf Classic
Friday 27th May, 2022
Main Sponsor: Corbally Nursing Home (Richard Ryan)
On behalf of College, we are thrilled once again to be able promote and organise our annual SMC Golf Classic after what has undoubtedly been a challenging time for everyone over the past 2 years. We would like to express our thanks to all who have supported our Golf Classic so generously over the last number of years. We invite you to review the sponsorship opportunities and select a desired level. This year the classic will take place at Castletroy Golf Club on Friday 27th of May 2022.
Tee times are: 11:00a.m. – 12:00 noon 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (times before 11am on request)
The cost is €300 per team of four which includes a meal after your round of golf. In the event that you or your company are not able to participate in playing on the day, we would ask that you would please consider sponsoring a Tee or Green for €100.
Please transfer your sponsorship along your name into the following account please:
Name of Account: St Munchins College Past Pupils Savings Account
IBAN: IE69 BOFI 9043 0952 4287 11
Tee times can be booked by contacting Flan O’Friel on 087-8546692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tee Boxes can be booked by contacting David Quilter 086-3919865 email@example.com